Informatica cloud data warehouse allows you to adapt to the changing workloads. It enables businesses to launch new analytics initiatives. As there is a huge demand for cloud technologies, many organizations have widely accepted the Informatica cloud for meeting their cloud integration requirements. Experts in Informatica Cloud are having high demand in the market. To kickstart your career in Informatica cloud, the best way is to attend Informatica cloud training and mastering the concepts related to Informatica cloud. In this post, let us learn about Informatica cloud, cloud data warehouse, and the benefits of cloud data warehouse in detail.
What is Informatica Cloud?
Informatica Cloud is a data integration platform and solution that works as SaaS(Software as a Service). It can connect to cloud-based applications, on-premises, flat files, databases, social networking sites, etc. Informatica Cloud is a subscription service on-demand. It provides a complete platform for data management and cloud integration. When Informatica cloud is subscribed, you are able to use a web browser for connecting Informatica cloud. With that, you can create users, configure connections, create, schedule, monitor, and run tasks.
Cloud Data Warehouse:
Data warehouse is a collection of business data that helps the organization to make decisions. It is also considered as a type of business management system that enables and supports business intelligence activities like analytics. A cloud data warehouse is a data management system that uses space allocated by a cloud provider to store data from disparate data sources. It is used for structured data storage, reporting, and analysis. Using a cloud data warehouse improves productivity, overall performance, extensive connectivity to the cloud and on-premises sources.
Benefits of a Cloud Data Warehouse
Many businesses are moving to cloud data warehouses because of the following benefits:
- Low Cost: Cloud data warehouses cost very low prices. Scaling a business intelligence program increases the costs. Cloud data warehouses allow the data warehouse team to purchase power and storage as per the requirement. They even do not demand excess hardware, networking, server rooms, etc., when we increase our capabilities.
- Improved Performance and Speed: Cloud data warehouses are very fast. They can handle multiple data streams at different speeds. They have many servers which can increase processing speeds and balance the data loads. With the help of multiple servers a cloud data warehouse has, it can serve multiple areas of businesses in different locations. It can be integrated with other data sources when required and can deploy updated solutions for production efficiently and easily.
- Seamless Self-Service: To share computing powers, storage, and networks, cloud data warehouses use resource pooling. They make the data accessible to the users and enable them to make choices based on their understanding of every aspect of the business.
- Secure Data: cloud data is secure and costs less to maintain. To safeguard the data, Cloud security engineers are able to build specific controls. Multi-factor authentication is a cloud encryption service that makes transporting data across resources and regions secure. To limit the possibilities of breach further, cloud data warehouses comprise VPNs (Virtual Private Networks).
- Increased Data Storage: Cloud data warehouse provides an offer ‘pay as you go model. It means that the business stakeholders can use cloud data storage as per the business requirement. They can decrease or increase their subscription as per their needs. Cloud data storage is cost-saving and provides agility and flexibility. To fit the requirements of a new project, the data warehouse engineers can control the CPU, RAM, and cluster size. This helps the developers to deploy the changes quickly and prototype new services and products without disturbing the architecture or budget of the company.
- Improved Access and Integration: Cloud data warehouse integrations provide different data types like unstructured data. Cloud data warehouse is user-friendly. It makes data source integration easier for the data administrators. Cloud data warehouses have in-built data governance. In order to access the data for analysis, visualization, and dashboarding, the users can be added to a particular group. These permissions are flexible to encourage data warehousing applications and strict about preserving the integrity of data.
- Better Disaster Recovery: cloud data warehouse duplicates the data and performs automatic backups. The data is duplicated and stored at different nodes without disturbing the current work. When data on-premises is destroyed, then we can log into cloud applications and can use the replicated data. To enhance backup dependability and security, specialized networks are supplied by the cloud data warehouses.
- Leveraged Cloud and Cloud Easticity: Last but not least benefit of a cloud data warehouse is its elasticity. It allows the administrators to match the infrastructure requirements accurately to a suitable number of resources. They can increase or decrease their cloud capacity as per the cyclical changes in their demand. This saves the company money.
We have learned about various benefits related to Cloud Data warehouse compared to On-premises data warehouses. Data warehouses on-premises need expensive hardware, time-consuming upgrades, outage management, and consistent maintenance. If the company increases the data, on-premise data warehousing becomes more expensive. We cannot purchase storage independently.
That is why cloud data warehouses are used by many organizations. Cloud data warehouses provide improved performance and speed. It secures our data. In cloud data warehouses, we can increase or decrease the storage as per our requirements and pay according to our usage. It also provides backup data when an unexpected disaster occurs. I hope you found this information helpful.
Author Bio: I am Anusha Vunnam, Working as a content writer in HKR Trainings. Having good experience in handling technical content writing and aspires to learn new things to grow professionally. I am an expert in delivering content on the market demanding technologies like Cyberark training, JBoss training, Informatica Cloud training, salesforce service cloud training, Salesforce Business Analyst training, etc.